Senior Director of Operations
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Senior Director of Operations
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Director, Operations serves as a critical leadership team member for the Louisville, Kentucky Distribution Center. The position will focus on identifying Supply Chain strategies and overseeing their implementation within a fast-paced multi-channel distribution operation. The ideal candidate will have experience with all aspects of Distribution Operations, Logistics, Inventory Control and Continuous Improvement practices. Critical for this position is the ability to create an inclusive environment and develop high performing teams with strong leadership skills while working collaboratively with cross-functional partners. This position is the cornerstone of operation execution, employee morale and customer satisfaction.
- Direct management for a multi-channel operation, which includes Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Labor Planning, Budgeting/P&L, Facilities, and Customer Service
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the business and operations to develop strategic and innovative approaches to growth
- Present information to various audiences including the executive team; must have experience with explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise manner for the advancement of operational strategies
- Act as the liaison between the customer, and suppliers, to seamlessly execute on operational goals and initiatives
- Lead team members to comply with company policies and procedures, in addition to regional and/or industry-specific compliance measures
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing defined standards, practices, and procedures that comply with pertinent governmental and legal regulations and laws
- Analyze operational trends, statistics and financial data and develop and execute on operations that align with overall company goals and objectives; monitor progress for effectiveness and realign as necessary as required
- Partner with corporate functional leaders, including Finance, Facilities, Human Resources, Marketing, Research and Sales Enablement to deliver key business priorities
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Operations in the US, lead the business through operational and transformative change and adoption of new programs to ensure sustainable, profitable growth
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards, technology, and customer requirements within the area of supply chain services
- Develop and manage operational KPI’s to ensure the achievement of operational, cost per unit, productivity, accuracy, and service level objectives
- Act as an ambassador for Solutions 2 GO by participating in relevant organizational meetings serving as a subject matter expert, and leading by example to foster a culture of trust, reliability, and physical and psychological safety
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years of Operations Manager/Director level experience in an automated distribution environment with strong understanding of both outbound and inbound operations.
- Experience with annual budget development and management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable clear and concise exchanges with customers and colleagues
- Work collaboratively with team members using a proactive, solutions-oriented approach with an aim to exceed team-based performance goals
- Strong financial acumen and proven results in exceeding goals based on safety, quality, speed, and operating expenses
- Lead complex projects or problems to a satisfactory solution in a timely manner
- Proficient computer skills work with Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and planning skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, hands-on management environment
Solutions 2 Go is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at email@example.com.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.