Operations Supervisor – Louisville, Kentucky
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Operations Team is Growing! We are looking to hire an Operations Supervisor
Reporting to the Bulk Shipping Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor will be responsible for and oversee all daily activities of the bulk ops team. Specific accountability includes shipping/receiving, material handling, RMAs, inventory, training, process improvement, and employee safety. This position will actively collaborate with all internal and external customers to ensure expectations are achieved.
- Work closely with the Bulk Shipping Manager to develop daily operational plans to maximize output and control cost
- Communicates daily with staff about volume expectations, workload, and other pertinent information in various meeting formats (pre-shift, one-on-one, written, etc.).
- Monitor daily workload and align resources to demand, focusing on cost containment, efficiency, and customer expectations
- Comprehensive knowledge of customer specific requirements; ensuring each order adheres to these specifications
- Ensures all paperwork is signed off properly and filed according to S2G processes and controls
- Operate as the technical expert in departmental systems, including WMS, TMS, and GP
- Adhere to expense budgets as well as manage to standards and labor needs to meet production requirements
- Track performance through statistical analysis for the purpose of metric publication and communication
- Assist the Bulk Shipping Operations Manager with evaluating the efficiencies within the operation. Recommend alternatives for work methods, procedures, and controls to improve product flow and cost
- Coordinate daily work assignments and objectives with Leads and floor personnel.
- Develop and coordinate a training program that ensures all full employees are properly trained and proficient in all Bulk Operation processes
- Communicate and monitor safe warehouse practices, including proper lifting techniques, housekeeping, and ergonomic awareness
- Supervise 5 to 10 direct reports including Leads and warehouse workers while giving constructive feedback based off performance expectations
- Responsible for writing and communicating yearly reviews for direct reports and facilitating the growth and development of staff
- Understands, coaches, and supports company procedures, policy, rules, processes, tools, and standards (“SOPs”), ensuring all pertinent training requirements are met for team members under their supervision
- Motivate direct reports and promote a positive working environment
- Demonstrated 2 to 4 years’ experience in Distribution/Warehouse management, including at least 2 years in supervision of 5-10 direct reports and a temp agency workforce
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, such as the ability to motivate, train, and provide feedback to direct reports
- Experience in using performance reviews and performance management tools to increase skills of the team
- Use excellent judgement in the daily application of policies, procedures, and practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking distribution environment
- Communicate, understand, and perform complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to construct professional development plans, performance reviews, and performance management documents
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required (AA/BA degree a plus)
- Must be able to work flexible shifts/hours as business needs change
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and WMS
- Ability to operate a forklift, previous experience a plus
Must be fully available during the holiday period from October through December. This includes Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, the day and weekend after Thanksgiving, the first and second weekends of December and the first week of January.
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.