LOGISTICS MANAGER – LOUISVILLE, KY
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers, and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Team is Growing! We are seeking a collaborative Logistics Manager to join our Louisville, Kentucky location!
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Logistics Manager will manage and lead all aspects of the logistics operations to ensure consistent high-quality service, customer satisfaction, profitable cost-efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of freight compliance laws, regulations, and operational processes both within the U.S. and internationally.
- Manage a Logistics operation ensuring staff executes on delivering consistently high-quality service and customer satisfaction while achieving a profitable, cost-efficient operation in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Drive and maintain relationships with carriers through effective communication and contract negotiations that support cost effectiveness and the company’s competitive advantage.
- Host quarterly business reviews to ensure company expectations are on target.
- Oversee the scheduling and communication regarding inbound freight by manufacturer, customer, and carrier. Provides clear communication and accountability expectations to the team to ensure company and individual success.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions in AP processing, claims filing, and customer tracking, as related to logistics, in order to ensure timely and accurate results. Develops yearly fiscal budget for freight and creates/drives 3PL client invoicing for freight and production service functions.
- Drive continuous team performance by providing mentoring and guidance, stretch assignments, training and development opportunities, and succession planning/talent development.
- Remains current on all emerging compliance changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Develop and perform transportation analysis to illustrate transportation metrics/performance, support vendor or carrier negotiations, develops pricing and optimization of network.
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing freight programs at a global level that aligns with company strategy and drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in domestic transportation management or related field required. Intermodal experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of national and international import/export regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within the organization both written and verbally.
- Experience with annual budget development and management.
- In depth knowledge of all freight laws and compliance requirements.
- Strong/effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Proven analytical and planning skills.
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 GO Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Solutions 2 GO Inc., please visit About Us.