Vendor Deductions Coordinator
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Vendor Deductions Coordinator!
The preferred Talent Acquisition Specialist candidate is an experienced networker with end-to-end talent acquisition experience, from sourcing and onboarding talent to tracking and presenting key talent metrics as required. The candidate is passionate about collaborating and keen to understand all facets of the business and ultimately excited to serve as a business match-maker pairing existing teams with the most suitable, skilled, future talent.
This role is responsible for coordinating pass through funding between vendors and customers through the organization as well as deductions taken by customers upon payment.
- Point of contact for Market Development Funds (MDF), COOP Allowances (COOP), Back end rebates (BER) and Price Protection (PP) activities
- Maintain efficient systems for tracking:
- retail activities;
- vendor and customer transactions;
- vendor funding and internal sales accruals.
- manage & maintain the Activity Tracker with most current information and activity support
- Maintain knowledge of vendor and customer specific accounting requirements i.e. applicable taxes, credit and debit practices etc
- Create price protection & BER announcements and communicate to internal and external partners
- Collect, organize and verify all customer submissions for price protection & BER’s and ensure submission is complete
- Maintain ‘In Transit’ log for price protection claims to reconcile future discrepancies
- Review of receivables statements as provided by A/R and reconcile applicable retail deductions
- Ensure vendor deductions are submitted correctly and on time
- Obtain vendor approvals for undocumented retail activities and deductions
- Issue vendor debits and submit with required backup for retail activities
- Issue customer credits for approved activities.
- Dispute deductions erroneously taken by customers.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Finance
- Prior experience in finance/accounting with accounts receivable related experience an asset.
- Familiarity with large retail account(s) and portals an asset
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), with an ability to sort through ambiguity and promptly resolve deductions related issues.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to adjust to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills required on PC based software – Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software is an asset.
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times even while under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality surrounding confidential and sensitive information.
- Effective co-ordination with various internal and external contacts both local and off-site.
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at email@example.com.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.