Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Finance Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Controller!
- Financial reporting and analysis activities including period and quarterly reporting of balance sheets, income statements and cash flows for both performance and non-performance entities, including but not limited to, the consolidated financial statement and notes, annual report, etc.
- Coordination and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, including supporting working papers and analysis.
- Analysis of accounting issues and financial results with senior management including the preparation of supporting memos and accounting policies (i.e., acquisitions, foreign currency translation, financial instruments, impairments, valuations, upcoming/new accounting standards, etc.).
- Oversee customer deduction function to ensure timely resolution and clearing of all items.
- Support the lead to manage and optimize the financial reporting close process.
- Coordinate, prepare and review the management reporting.
- Manage FP&A and budgeting/forecasting process in coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Establish relationships and communicate effectively with persons across a variety of departments, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures that protect Company’s assets related to the general ledger, fixed assets, payroll, and accounts payables, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all legislative changes (IFRS, ASPE, etc.) are recorded accurately within systems and transaction documents.
- Ensure all government required reporting is completed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Actively contribute and participate in the finance system implementation and subsequent upgrades.
- Provide insightful interpretation of key business drivers underlying the business results, highlight key issues and make appropriate recommendations where required.
- Review monthly revenue accruals, expense accruals for the Company. Provide guidance to staff in the posting of entries, preparation of financial results and review of queries; and
- Actively contribute as a member of the Finance team and ensure ongoing communication with the broader Finance executive team on the status / progress of projects and issues / points of interest that are relevant to the team / individuals.
- Provide timely and constructive development feedback including holding regular 1:1s and team meetings, and preparation and delivery of mid-year and year-end performance evaluations; and
- Perform other ad-hoc financial and accounting analysis as required.
- 5-7 years of financial management (minimum 3 years post qualification management experience).
- University degree and accounting designation required; CA preferred.
- Strong accounting, control, and audit skills.
- Advanced computer skills with an ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel.
- Income tax knowledge required.
- Experience developing high quality executive level reporting packages.
- Strong hands-on leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Experience managing a small team.
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at email@example.com.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.